CERN is one of the leading European organisation which is widely recognised for its Nuclear Research & talented engineers. Researchers there use the world’s most complex and largest equipment for research purposes for studying the basic structure of matter and other fundamental particles to get to know how particles interact with each other. Visit the official website of CERN to find more about it.
Welcome to the Junior Fellowship Programme
This research fellowship program is specifically for graduates from higher educations belonging to different fields such as Applied Sciences, Computing & Engineering. Note that they may also apply even if they don’t have any experience but they must be ready and motivated to work in research environment. Please note that this is only a research program, not a specific job. If you are very hard working and present interesting work, you may be offered a job position. You’ll also have to present that how your research interest relates with CERN’s activities. This can be presented during online application or in separate motivation letter.
You may visit these Motivation Letter Samples to get an idea about how to write motivation letter.
You must need to meet the following criteria:
- You must be a national of CERN Member or Associate Member States.
- You are final year student of University or a beginner level professional with no more than 4 years of relevant job experience after your BSc or MSc degree. Your previous qualifications before BSc or MSc will not taken in to account.
- CERN staff members will not be able to apply for this fellowship program.
- Employment contract will be from 6 to 36 months.
- Monthly stipend will be from 5,185 to 6,438 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax).
- It will cover health insurance also under CERN’s Health Scheme of you & your family) with the membership or CERN pension fund also.
- Depending on your individual circumstances: an installation grant, family, child and infant allowances as well as travel expenses to and from Geneva.
- 2.5 days of paid leave per month.
This is how you can apply:
Following documents are required for application:
- A CV.
- A PDF copy of your latest degree/qualification.
- Three Letter of Recommendations which must not be older than 1 year at the the time of application.
- YoYou can also upload Recommendation letters if you have them at the time of application. As soon as your submit your application, you will get a link for your referees to upload Recommendation Letters confidentially.Please note this must be done before the closing date.
If above link is not working, Please visit this link.
If you feel you aren’t eligible for this scholarship, Don’t worry. We have some other useful scholarships which you can avail. Visit DAAD Scholarship (Fully Funded) or Stanford University Fully Funded Scholarships and study in best institutions of the world.