International students will find a lot of Scholarships in South Korea in every field. Please read below, with much attention, you will understand every thing.
Let me explain to you that in Korea the easiest way to get admission and scholarship (both fee and living expenses) is first of all, you should search relevant professors of your choice and research interest. Then you should make a very good Curriculum vitae according to your best skills and your professors and send him/her that CV with your short introduction and show your motivation that you want to do master/Ph.D under his/her supervision.If a professor shows interest it means almost you have 99% chances that your admission is confirmed. To increase your chance of acceptance, you can include, cover letter and research proposal with the mail. In most of the cases, university provides tuition fee scholarship while professor provide monthly living expenses scholarship. It also means you have to struggle to get these two scholarships. If you get one then the other you have to pay by yourself and it is very expensive for individual.
Also see: Fully Funded Scholarships in Hong Kong
STEPS TO FOLLOW (to get Scholarships in South Korea):
So, first of all, you should try to find “Faculty” => Professors profiles on the university website.
Note: Please also use these videos for guidance:
1. Find the Korean universities and Korean research labs related to your discipline on internet. This is also helpful for only Engineering and CS guys:(https://www.facebook.com/download/1…)
2. Read all your major professors profiles, research interests and projects. (You can also find the research interests of professors by finding on Google their published research papers, https://www.facebook.com/notes/scholarship-network/how-to-find-and-contactmail-a-supervisorprofessor/825995007411059)
3. Make your CV research oriented and also easily readable and good looking. (Also according to the professor you choose to apply. Relate your previous work plus final year project with that professor’s research work and show him/her your interest in his work). A sample can be seen here (https://www.facebook.com/groups/sch…)
*Important Note for Electronics plus Computer majors ( In Korea, professors like if you are good in programming languages and it is good if you have distinction in programming skills and you can show them).
Also see: Fully Funded Scholarships in Germany
4. Send your email and with CV and motivation letter to as many professors as you can and keep in mind only interested professors may reply you, so don’t be disappointed.(https://www.facebook.com/download/2…) (https://www.facebook.com/notes/scholarship-network/how-to-write-sop-personal-statementmotivation-letterletter-of-intentresearch-sta/803252216352005) (https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/Preparing%20Personal%20statements%20and%20CV_Ayaz.docx?token=AWwTkZwbEnlvM4bu4d6MJ4iAfCQgi0rycMoBzdTDTFfSV7S_fCfS01tCqGnmOei_BazqP55gtXrWFuvbSB3BTfdOCWnEvbbZ6AiAggQJpG1H0NPhwirmok71GPXN5hjIE6RnN0mjtkZhqm0gf_9cip5u)
IMPORTANT:*Always Open the Korean websites in google chrome as you can use “Translate to English” option of chrome.
5. Try to get any English proficiency certificate such as IELTS / TOEFL or even TOEIC. It increases chances of scholarships. (https://www.facebook.com/notes/scholarship-network/guide-for-ielts-preparation-and-its-material/753067844703776)
6. Once the ball starts rolling (After getting reply from professor OR you can also send proposal in the first mail) Come up with a project plan (Research plan) that what you are going to research about. Indulge yourself in writing new project proposals if required.(https://www.facebook.com/notes/scho…)
FEW MORE THINGS
There are two kinds of Scholarships in South Korea.
1. University scholarships-University scholarships are few and hard to get , but good than professor scholarship as in this case you will not be depended on money by professor. But when you apply for this scholarship, if you contact the professor before in the way as mentioned above, then you have better chance to get this scholarship. Although university scholarships mostly do not require professors recommendations but if you are successful to get one before applying, then it is good chance for you to get that scholarship.
2. Professor scholarship-This solely depends on professor and university does not give you money in this case. These are easy to get but hard to maintain sometimes, because sometimes if professor is not happy with your performance, then he can give you financial problems.
DETAILS for Availing Scholarships in South Korea:
When you are planning for PhD or Masters by research program, two kinds of funding opportunities can be availed. The first option is to apply for a scholarship program which covers everything including your flight ticket, settle-in allowance, books allowance, tuition fee and monthly stipend which is mostly tax free. The scholarships like this are very good but limited in number. Another way is to seek research work under some teacher, where you need to work on very narrow topic under the supervision of professor. It is the most common approach for phd candidates.